Synchronised swimming is a combination of dancing, gymnastics and swimming. ?Synchro is performed in solos, duets or teams to music. ?Stockport Metro follows the competitive skill grades and the swimmers participate in regional and national level competitions as well as displays.
In grade tests and competitions the swimmers are marked on technical merit (the correctness and complexity of moves) and artistic impression (how the choreography of the routine reflects the music of choice) Swimmers can hear the music underwater with the aid of the underwater speaker!!
WHAT DO I NEED TO JOIN?
- Strong swimmer :50m Backstroke, Breaststroke, Frontcrawl
- Confident in deep water, happy underwater, upside down
- A feel for the water
- A background in dance/gymnastics/music is a bonus
- A nose clip and a smile!!!
WHAT WILL WE DO?
- develop stamina and technique
- learn to swim in time to music
- workindividually and as part of a team
- learn figures and drills associated with synchronised swimming
- participate in displays and demonstrations
The synchronised swimming sessions are designed to develop stamina and technique in the water. ?Children learn to swim in time to music, individually and as part of a team in a fun environment, along with learning figures and drills associated with synchro.?
2 FREE TASTER SESSIONS are available at Grand Central on a Saturday afternoon. ? Please contact Sara at Grand Central Pools for further information on 0161 429 0401.
VENUES & CONTACTS
Grand Central Pools
12 Grand Central Square
Wellington Road South
Stockport SK1 3TA
COURSE: SATURDAY AFTERNOON
TEL: 0161 429 0401